EA has specified the 3.1 update for Battlefield 2042: The patch should be rolled out at 9 a.m. on Thursday and make important changes. With this, the developers say goodbye to the Christmas break.
The sparrows were already whistling from the rooftops, now it’s official: Update 3.1 for Battlefield 2042 will be rolled out Thursday morning around 9 a.m. – downtime is not necessary. EA has already made the changelog available.
Battlefield 2042: Approval and Player Numbers
In contrast to Update 3.0 with hundreds of changes, the Patch Notes for Update 3.1 read a little more manageable. Nevertheless, the changes and bug fixes are very important for EA, because the next patch comes after the Christmas break. Update 3.1 is the last game update before the holidays. This means that the teams will take a break at the end of the month and then “freshly recovered” in the new year will be on their way to season 1, according to EA. Parts of the changes that will be implemented in Update 3.1 were already known.
The focus is on the following three changes:
- Improvements to the consistency of projectile hit registration.
- Balancing changes to the 30, 40, and 57 mm cannons of ground vehicles to reduce their effectiveness against infantry
- Multiple audio enhancements to improve the overall sound experience, with a focus on clarity, distance, and directional perception
In addition, the following changes are important according to EA:
- Balancing changes to projectile dispersion and recoil
- A fix for a rare bug that could make the end of the game invisible to opponents
- Fixes for various bugs related to grenades and launchers
- The menu flow for Xbox game end has been improved to make it easier to disable crossplay
In detail, there are various changes in weapon behavior, vehicle effects and gadgets. There are small changes in the Hazard Zone, Breakthrough and Soldier.