Samsung continues its CES 2022 campaign with the announcement of the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G model, which arrives after the most vicissitudes in the announcement of a flagship phone.
So many times the allegedly delayed and canceled Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G has, however, been officially announced.
- Model Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G
- Released Rumored
- Status Coming Soon
- Type Bar
- Dimensions 161.5 x 75.6 x 7.8 mm
- Weight 200 Grams
- Waterproof IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Display Type Dynamic AMOLED 2X
- Size 6.7 inches
- Resolution 1080 x 2400 pixels
- Display Colors 16M
- Pixel Density 394 PPI (pixels per inch)
- Touch Screen Yes
- Display Protection Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Features Always-on display
- CPU Octa-core (1×2.9 GHz Cortex-X1 & 3×2.80 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A55) – International / Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680 – USA/China
- GPU Mali-G78 MP14 – International / Adreno 660 – USA/China
- RAM (Memory) 8 GB
- Internal Storage 128 GB, 256 GB
- Memory Card Slot No
- Sensors Fingerprint (under display, ultrasonic), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
Samsung DeX, Samsung Wireless DeX (desktop experience support)
Bixby natural language commands and dictation
Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
Ultra Wideband (UWB) support
- Operating System Android 11 + One UI 3.1
- User Interface Yes
- Rear Camera 12 MP (wide) + 64 MP (periscope telephoto) 1.1x optical zoom, 3x hybrid zoom + 12 MP (ultrawide) Super Steady video.
- Image 4320p
- Video 8K@24fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR10+, stereo sound rec., gyro-EIS
- Flash LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama
- Front Camera 10 MP (wide)
- SIM Nano SIM
- Dual SIM Single SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Wi-fi Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- USB USB Type-C 3.2, USB On-The-Go
- GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC Yes
- Wireless Charging Yes
- Headphone Jack No
- Capacity Li-Po 4800 mAh + Fast charging 25W + USB Power Delivery 3.0 + Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W + Reverse wireless charging 4.5W.
- Placement Non-removable
- Video Playback Yes
- Video Out Yes
- FM Radio FM radio (Snapdragon model only; market/operator dependent)
- Ring Tones Yes
- Loudspeaker Yes
- Handsfree Yes
- 4G LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 46, 48, 66, 71 – SM-G996U1
- 5G NR Bands SA/NSA/Sub6/mmWave
- Speed HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA), 5G
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE will come in very reduced colors – unusual green, so-called olive, white and purple (lavender shade) and black, and all four models will be matte, non-shiny and the rear panels are made of plastic, which Samsung is called glass because it resembles glass (glass + plastic = glastic).
Quite an unusual choice, if we keep in mind that the Galaxy S21 series is easy to notice – the S21 FE 5G is quite “quietly” colored, but it has an identical design that the Galaxy S21 and Galaxy S21 + carry.
The screen has a 6.4-inch diagonal, 2,340 x 1,080 pixels AMOLED 2X with 120 Hz content refresh that is controlled automatically or manually and with up to 240 Hz at the point of contact.
HDR10 + technology is also supported, and the pixel density per inch is as high as 411, and Gorilla Glass Victus takes care of the screen protection.
This model has a Snapdragon 888 chipset, 5 nanometers and 64 bit technology.
Galaxy S21 FE has 6/8 GB of RAM, 128/ 256 GB of memory. No microSD card slot, but it has Dual SIM with eSIM support, stereo speakers tuned with AKG technology and IP68 protection against water and dust. Wi-Fi goes to category 6, Bluetooth v5.0 with the economical audio profile supported, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 3.2, USB On-The-Go and a fingerprint scanner (optical) built into the phone screen.
The 4,500 mAh battery charges up to 25 watts, up to 15 watts wirelessly and can share power wirelessly with other devices, such as the Samsung Galaxy Watch4, at five watts. Unfortunately, the charger is not part of the package as with the Galaxy 21. New USB Power Delivery 3.0 support, which we haven’t seen so far in the S21 series.
The cameras are identical to the Galaxy S21 and Galaxy S21 + phones, and the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G also comes with an improved version of the Knox security platform.
And finally, why FE in the phone’s name – Samsung listened to the criticism of fans regarding the Galaxy S21 series, so the official name of this version is Fan Edition – FE.