The premiere of 'Shang Chi' is 'streaming' and free access to 'Jungle Cruise', among the titles on Disney + Day
The platform wants to celebrate the second anniversary of its launch by making new series and movies available to its subscribers. It will happen on November 12.
Photo Credits: Disney
On November 12, it will be two years since the arrival of Disney + and, to celebrate it, the company will host Disney + Day, a day full of premieres and new content from the most iconic brands on the platform. We are talking about Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and Star. All of them will offer new movies and series to subscribers of the streaming platform. The day is coming so you won't get up from your seat.
What has Disney + prepared for us? Among the novelties in the catalog, the one that stands out the most is the arrival of Shang-Chi and the legend of the ten rings. The Marvel film was released in theaters exclusively on September 3 and now comes to the service after having grossed more than 300 million dollars worldwide. It tells the story of Shang-Chi, the son of a powerful criminal who has grown up isolated from the rest of the world and trained in martial arts.
Another outstanding content is the free access to Jungle Cruise, which until now required Premium Access. Starting November 12, all Disney + subscribers will be able to enjoy the adventure starring Emily Blunt and Dwayne Johnson. The actors play intrepid explorers searching for a mythical tree with healing powers.
They are not the only films that are released. The catalog will also host the new Home Alone movie, titled At Last Home Alone, with new actors and lots of Christmas spirit. As well as fresh out of the oven episodes of The World According to Jeff Goldblum, the stories of Olaf Presents and the television fiction of Michael Keaton Dopesick focused on the opioid problem facing the United States.
On the other hand, fans of Marvel and Star Wars should not lower their guard, since several specials are released about these complex universes. On one hand, there will be a Boba Fett special, we imagine that it will air ahead of the premiere of The Book of Boba Fett next December. On the other hand, a tribute to the Marvel Cinematic Universe will air where they will talk about the next steps in the franchise.
Here's the complete list of all the new movies and series you'll find on Disney + starting November 12 :
- The premiere of Shang-Chi and the legend of the ten rings.
- Jungle Cruise will be available to all subscribers.
- The new Disney + Original Movie Home Alone at Last, inspired by the well-known Home Alone franchise.
- Olaf Presents, a new series of shorts in which Frozen's fan-favorite snowman tells some classic Disney tales.
- Pixar's animated short film Ciao Alberto focused on Luca's characters.
- A new The Simpsons short that pays tribute to the iconic Disney + brands.
- The first 5 episodes of the second season of The World According to Jeff Goldblum, are back!
- A special that pays tribute to the origins and legacy of Boba Fett, the legendary bounty hunter from Star Wars
- A tribute to the Marvel Cinematic Universe with an exciting vision of what the future will hold
- Dopesick: Story of an Addiction, starring Michael Keaton
Add to that there will be news, previews, new trailers, exclusive clips and appearances from Disney + creators and stars, as well as special offers at shopDisney.com. November 12, 2021, coincides with the launch of Disney + in South Korea and Taiwan. A few days later, on the 16th, it will happen in Hong Kong.
Nobody wants to miss the celebration, so Disney parks around the world, and the company's cruise ships will unite by rolling out the blue carpet, as well as different series and programs that will also do their bit. "This tribute day brings our mission to entertain, inform and inspire fans and families around the world through our incomparable stories to life and will become an annual event that will be amplified globally across our divisions, " Bob Chapek, CEO of The Walt Disney Company stated.
By: Amber V. - Zexron